Thirteen years of cross-platform computer support experience in an enterprise level academic and medical center environment with positions ranging from service desk, tier2/tier3 field technician, and computing resource manager.
• As a Service Desk Technician I quickly evaluate, diagnose and understand my client’s problem, determine their immediate needs, and then prioritize and provide a response.
• As a Tier 2 / Tier 3 Field Technician I provide a thoughtful research-based approach to determine the underlying causes of problems then formulate, implement and document solutions.
• As a Computing Resource Manager I consult with clients to analyze their current and long term IT needs; determine how to use available resources; and make recommendations and provide planning for organizational and departmental changes such as growth, relocation and budget adjustments.
Desktop Engineer | UCSF School of Medicine Information Services Unit (SOM ISU) | 2003-Present
• Team Member of a four person tier 2-3 field technician group supporting 500 clients and providing service and support for Dell Windows XP/7 and Apple Macintosh Mac OS X workstations; iPhone and Blackberry mobile devices; local and network printers and scanners; miscellaneous hardware peripherals; Microsoft Office suite for Macintosh and Window; and numerous scientific, medical, business, and in-house software packages.
• Write technical documents including individualized and general use instructions for clients, wiki entries and other documentation for IT team reference, and reference documents for campus-wide distribution.
• Manage special projects as needed such as business needs assessment for SOM ISU asset management software, planning and coordination for all IT related aspects of department and unit relocations and AD print queue management.
• Serve as primary team member providing Macintosh information and support during expansion of SOM ISU client base to include departments using Macintoshes; continue to provide extensive Macintosh support skills to my SOM ISU local team.
• Skilled knowledge and daily use of IT support tools including ServiceNow, Tivoli Endpoint Console, Active Directory OU and print queue management, Bomgar Remote Desktop console, Windows Remote Desktop, Symantec Endpoint Protection, PGP Desktop, PGP Enterprise Console, CrashPlan Client and Recovery Console, Juniper and Cisco VPN, and MOVI Telepresence.
• Troubleshoot difficult, high-level support issues including cross-domain connectivity issues, Windows XP legacy application deployment on Windows 7 platform, Macintosh sleep recovery problems, and Office 2010 PowerPoint network save problems.
• Oversee UCSF Osher Center for Integrative Medicine growth from 22 employees, 30 systems at one location to 75 employees, 90 systems across four physical locations in San Francisco over a period of seven years (2003-2010); manage relocation of all computing equipment and IT services during departmental consolidation into one building in January 2011.
• Initiate and manage migration of the Osher Center’s IT support services from a single person model to an enterprise level model by integrating the department’s support position into the SOM ISU Service Desk and Field Technician support team.
Computing Resource Manager | UCSF Dermatology and Otolaryngology | 2001-2002
• Manage a two person desktop computing support team for two departments across four campus locations.
• Administration of First Class email server, Windows NT4 file servers and Retrospect backup servers.
• Consult with clients, managers, and enterprise IT groups on departmental IT needs and special projects.
University of Alabama In Huntsville, Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy
Certifications and Recognitions
•March 2010 Employee of the Month / July 2002 School of Medicine Dean’s Office STAR Award